Our nine philanthropic programs:
- Assault Survivor Kits® are provided to the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE)
at St. David's Hospital. These kits are made up of clothing, toiletries, and a book on surviving
sexual assault to help restore
their dignity. This program is currently in transition. The SANE group has ended its contract with St. David's.
Assistance League of Austin support for victims
will resume when a new venue has been established.
- Assistance League Scholarships are provided to qualifying students
attending Austin Community College to help them achieve their dream. These scholarships cover tuition, books, and fees.
- Bus With Us provides seniors from area assisted living and nursing facilities, along
with Austin recreational facilities, a scenic, restful and relaxing day out.
- Fresh Start serves foster youth in the Greater Austin area who are graduating
from high school and exiting the foster care system and moving into independent living.
- Operation School Bell® is the flagship program of Assistance
League chapters across the United States. Austin’s Operation School Bell provides school-age children in-need with a wardrobe
of new school clothing, shoes, toiletries, and backpack. The goal is to boost their self-esteem so they will excel
- Operation Wish List provides assistance to Austin Independent School District schools
which have a high percentage of students at risk.
- Outreach is designed to address one time or short term needs in the
community. Often times this means teaming with a business.
- Toy Cart at Dell Children's Medical Center brings joy to sick and
injured children by giving them a toy and a book 3 times a week for as long as they are in the hospital. This program
has recently been expanded to cover the emergency room and children needing a CAT scan. Help is also given to families
whose children are participating in the Weight Management Program.
- Waste Not allows Assistance League to repurpose goods that cannot be sold in THRIFT HOUSE or used by our programs.